Go ahead: You tell him just to be brave when ISIS returns.
We call it persecution when Macy’s bids us “Happy Holidays” rather than “Merry Christmas!” In places like Iraq and Syria, persecution is what happens when masked terrorists arrive with machine guns to burn your village, crucify the men, rape the women and kidnap the children.
The saints in Muslim lands don’t begrudge us our freedom or even our prosperity. But they must occasionally wonder why we are deeply offended when a famous actor in Hollywood is snubbed by the Oscars, but hardly notice when Christian brothers and sisters are burned and decapitated in Syria.
Here are ways you can get involved and show you care:
1: PUSH. Pray for saints in Muslim lands as you’d pray for your own son or sister in similar circumstances. Pray for divine intervention that God would be glorified; pray for boldness; intercede for the conversion of their captors; pray for a miracle. PUSH: Pray Until Something Happens!
2. Get Informed. The Wilberforce Initiative, led in part by Congressman Frank Wolfe, is actively involved in making contacts, providing resources, and uniting Christians everywhere on behalf of the persecuted church in the Middle East. Visit their site at http://www.21wilberforce.org/syria-under-siege.html
3.Give. Two trustworthy ministries you should consider:
- The Cradle Fund is raising funds and working with churches in the Middle East to care for refugees fleeing ISIS and ultimately restore believers and churches to their homes in the Cradle of Civilization. Site: http://cradlefund.org/
- Samaritans Purse is providing winter blankets, building playgrounds for refugee children, and providing for food and relief for victims of ISIS. Visit them at http://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/how-were-serving-isis-victims/?utm_source=Ggl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=m_YGME-015V_GGLIraqStr#donateBottom.
4. Call the White House at 202-456-1111 and ask the President to address the Christian Holocaust unleashed by ISIS.
5. Contact your representative in Congress. Visit http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
6. Contact your senator. Visit http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
Lift up the Cross!